The Cliffs of Moher

I don't think one can get enough of the Cliffs of Moher!  They are truly a spectacular sight to see and in fact, if I ever go back to Ireland I want to stay in the nearby village so that I can see the Cliffs at Sunrise and at Sunset. So much has changed since my first visit to the Cliffs which is no surprise since it has been almost 28 years since my first visit. My mother had visited 5 years ago and was surprised in all the new additions. There is now a larger visitors center carved into the side of the mountain and a large car park on the opposite side of the road.  I guess the secret is out on how wonderful Ireland is because I was surprised how many tourists there were for Easter Break. One of these days I would like to take the boat underneath the cliffs to see them from that perspective.  In the visitors center, you will find a short movie on the area, a gift shop, a cafe with some wonderful food choices, public toilets, and some interactive displays which my children really enjoyed.  Despite the newly found crowds at this location, the Cliffs of Moher should be on everyone's must-see list and then whatever else you see in Ireland is just an extra bonus.











Comments

Jeanie said…
I love the happy faces in your photos. Isn't it wonderful to visit a spot that you want to see over and over at different times of day? Sounds like such a good holiday.
SaÅ¡a S. said…
Wonderful & spectacular place. I like Irish landscape and cliffs. I could go back again and again.
Pieni Lintu said…
Nice shots! :)

You asked about mead on my blog, here's some info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sima_(mead)
we haven't been to Ireland and look forward to going there. Beautiful view indeed and love the photos!
Nancy Chan said…
Beautiful view! Love to see the smiling faces of your kids!
Jeanna said…
Simply beautiful and everyone looks so healthy and happy (: I missed out on a trip to Ireland and will always regret it. I can imagine how spectacular sunrises and sunsets look there.

Popular Posts