Corner View "Hungry"


On Friday our church congregation had its yearly overnight campout.  This year's food theme was Hot Dog's from around the world.  Members of our congregation were also asked to bring a side dish of their choice.  While we didn't stay overnight, we still went up for the evening.  Frank was out of town, Harris had too much homework, and Winston just didn't want to go, so it was just Roman, the two girls, and myself.  I brought an Israeli Couscous salad.  It was so yummy and judging from the empty plate at the end of the evening others enjoyed it as well.

Israeli Couscous Salad with Dried Cherries

1 package of Israeli Couscous (250g or 88oz) prepare according to directions on the box.
1 cup of dried Cherries soaked in 1/2 of olive oil and 2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1/2 of a red onion chopped
1/4 cup of chopped parsley
1/2 cup of chopped scallions
3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!



Comments

Francesca said…
couscous is a staple dish in the summer for us, we all really like it! (served cold as a salad - I've tried several times the hot versions, but i don't like it as much)
Heather said…
I love couscous! I will h ave to try this - w/ vegan feta, of course :-)

http://oaktreecourtdesigns.blogspot.com/2015/10/cv-hungry.html
Beth said…
I would like to try some. I've trying new recipes since I retired and have the time and the energy to experiment.

I don't have a post under hungry; I just started blogging again since July. I did a "My Corner of the World" instead. I had it done before I realized there was a topic. Here is mine anyway:
http//bmeandering.blogspot.com/2015/10/im-back-my-corner-of-world.html
Ela said…
It looks so tasty !!
Greetings
nadine paduart said…
deliciously awesome, this dish. and so versatile in that it is so good, both hot or cold... must add herries next time, it is appealing... n♥

Popular Posts