Taste "Corner View"




Summer is just around the corner for us here in Georgia which means swim suit and I have to say my body has seen better days. The long winter, being sick, and adopting were not conducive to loosing weight. Unfortunately, I am a stress eater and packed on additional pounds that I did not need.  Nicer weather means I have been able to get our more and now Avery and I are going to the gym just about every day. She likes to play with the other children in the play center and I get to do something good for my boys.  It takes more than working out to loose weight though and so I am working on changing my diet and eating more healthy.  In a moment of insanity of maybe just a stupidity, I feel for buying a juice detox.  The idea is that for so many days you drink these drink and detox your body from all that is bad and at the same time you loose weight. The drinks were not all that bad though the first one was horrible; however, by the end of the day I was starving and thinking about real food.  What I have learned from all this is that I just need to eat better and cut back my calories.  No fad is going to help me!  Today my husband and I had lunch together while the girls were sleeping.  Love that he can work from home at times.  I have been craving salmon all week and so finally I made it!  Yum and I love that 3 out of the 5 children like it too!

Corner View is a weekly appointment - each Wednesday - created by Jane of Spain Daily, where bloggers from all corners of the world share their view on a pre-arranged theme.

Comments

Heather said…
I tried to juice thing, too - even bought an expensive juicer for the "new" lifestyle. I did it 2 days. That was it!
simply bev said…
I think I'd prefer that beautiful salad you've got!
shayndel said…
Lunch looks delicious! Healthy balance is always best, I am a believer too in that the best is to develop lifelong healthy habits of eating and exercise!!
Happy healthy days to you and your family!♡
Anonymous said…
your food looks very nice ... love salmon too :)
Menthe Blanche said…
Salmon is my favorite fish! It's not easy to have a balanced and healthy food everyday .... I know that too ...
Francesca said…
hope you have a less stressful time ahead - filled with good and healthy food :)
nadine paduart said…
i wish you all the luck and courage in the world to go for it, woman! yes, a change of diet is sometimes all that we need. no to nasty tasting so&so's. i mean, the names on those bottles? .... hooray to salmon! n♥

Popular Posts