Thumbprint cookies

I love Thumbprint cookies during the holidays. I love them so much that I make them for everyone. Teachers, friends, the postman. If you know me then you will most likely receive these from me during the holidays. There is something about the buttery dough, raspberry jam, and nuts. I can't think of a better combination that doesn't include chocolate. I mean chocolate does reign. To make these cookies you will need 1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter or 3 sticks, 1 cup of light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 2/3 cups of sifted all purpose flour, 2 cups of finely chopped nuts, and 1 egg white. I use either pecans or walnuts. 1 cup of jam. I used raspberry. Combine wet ingredients in a bowl then add dry ingredients. Then form into balls and roll in egg white and then nuts. Place on cookie sheet and with thumb great a little well in the center of dough fill with a 1/2 teaspoon of jam. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until dough is golden around the edges. Bake at 350 degrees. Cool on rack before eating. This recipe came from Martha Stewart's cookbook Christmas

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Yum. I made peanut butter thumbprints the other day -- so good!
sunnymama said…
Oh my goodness, these look really delicious too! Your blog is giving me cookie cravings. :)
Ohhhh, these look DELICIOUS!

Popular Posts