Book Club


I love book club! It keeps me sane. I love reading and if there wasn't book club I would still read, but I love talking about books and hearing what others thought about the book. I gain so much more insight into the book this way. It also doesn't hurt that I get to gather with my friends and eat treats too. This month we read the book The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I amazed that this was her first book. It was fantastic! The book is fictional, but at times you almost think that these were real characters. The book takes place in the early 1960's in Jackson, Mississippi. Skeeter who is the main character is an aspiring journalist she is challenged to write something with more depth after submitting her work to a publisher in New York. She decides to write on the relationship between the white and blacks from the perspective of the black housekeepers. I couldn't put this book down. It is so well written and I fell in love with all of the characters. This is a must read.

Comments

Andi said…
I keep eyeing this book whenever I go to the library. Maybe I'll have to make the plunge!

Your girls night New Moon looked like fun! Even if I'm a party pooper, I still think it's ALWAYS fun to go out with friends. :)

Popular Posts